Pages

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A Workin' Man

It's Tuesday afternoon, and I am procrastinating doing my writing assignment. Therefore, I have decided to write an enlightening post about careers entitled "The Top 5 Hottest Occupations"...woo!

Here are my top 5...
1) Doctor - OMG swoonnnnnnnnnn. C'mon, isn't this a given? A man in a white coat who SAVES LIVES. So hot. Extra points if he's a pediatrician. Not to mention, if you got married you could be DR. and Mrs. So and So. Classy.
2) Mechanic - The thought of cozying up to a guy with grease under his fingernails might not sound appealing to everyone, but I think its effing sexy. I don't know what it is but seeing a guy working under the hood instantly makes me melt. Plus, he works with his hands....that is also uber attractive. "Baby, can I check your oil and rotate your tires?" YES, PLEASE!
3) Man in the Armed Forces (any and all branches) - Not only is this guy protecting our country (many thanks, btw) but he also wears a uniform (sighhhh dress uniform). He is also probably really fit, strong, and fearless. Oh, and if you get married, you get to walk under the swords, and I'm pretty sure someone plays a trumpet.
4) Writer - Again, I might be partial to this occupation because I'm a writer too. Another plus here is that this guy might actually know the difference between your, you're and there, their, and they're...that's appealing in and of itself. Also, I love the thought of going over a manuscript with a fellow writer, both of us scratching out phrases and circling so-so paragraphs in red ink. Then, we could spend the night creating our own happy ending (ok, ok that was corny, but I can't pass up a writer pun).
5) Artist/Musician/Insert Something Else Artsy Here - I need some sensitivity to round out this list, which comes in the form of an artist, musician, etc. I have no musical talent, so anyone who can play something other than the recorder or the radio is a God in my book. I imagine an artist with a streak of yellow paint on his cheek, pondering the next move on his canvas. We would spend our days hand-in-hand in museums ogling over great works, and then he would paint me a la Jack Dawson in Titanic.

Did I leave anyone out in my list? Please, share!

1 comment:

  1. I ah-freaking-dore guys playing the sax. Yeah. odd. I know. whatever. It's true. If I think a guy is cute and then see him playing the sax, OH EM GEE.

    If I never really thought twice, and then see him playing the sax, I will probs then find him much cuter.

    the guy I'm into now mentioned one day that he could play the saxophone. I've never told him my sax player love...if I said it then, it would have sounded too forced, I think. Even though it's totally true.
    I love me some saxophones.

    but I can't stand kenny g. hells to the no.

    ReplyDelete