Pages

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

#1

According to copyblogger.com, the number one thing to do in order to become a better writer is to blog. I hope to one day be a better writer, so I think this whole blog thing is a step in the right direction.

I started a blog in the past but didn’t keep up with it. However, now I am freshly graduated, searching for employment, and in need of some sort of hobby that is not watching 2 hours of PBS telethons. Therefore, Swoon. was born.

I’ve always loved to write. You can ask my mother. She saved all my second grade scribbles. Luckily, my passion f0r the written word has only grown (and I’ve transitioned from writing in crayon). Most of the writing I do now is professional but I needed an outlet for my random musings, jumbled poetry, and occasional sappy love letters to unnamed boys (I may be 22, but I haven’t gotten over the rush of linking my first name with a boy’s last name…bite me, I’m a hopeless romantic).

So, here it is. A blog that will hopefully help me hone in on my writing skillz, jolt my creativity, and provide a bit of entertainment, for you, dear reader.

Happy reading!

-A

2 comments:

  1. YAY! A blog!
    I need to start doing some more writing myself. (and last I checked, writers were supposed to drink a lot, so there.) So hurrah for motivation!
    Also, love the name of the blog.
    Most sincerely,
    your first follower/personal genius bar/dedicated martini buddy/blogosphere compatriot

    ps. I am going to pimp you on my blog whether you like it or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Follow meee

    Glad to see you writing again.

    I just started again as well.

    ReplyDelete