Pages

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

My Writing Process

Here is a peek at what my writing process looks like....

Sit down at desk
Check Facebook
Open Word, minimize and Facebook chat
Get up from desk and go make coffee
Sip cup of coffee and stare at cursor in Word document
Type two words but decide they sound stupid and delete
Continue Facebook chat
Get up to pee
Put on Pandora station...Today's Top Hits
Sing loudly to California Girls
Get out of chair and dance to California Girls
Pee
Go back downstairs to reheat coffee in microwave
Check Facebook
Read about how to properly apply eyeliner on glamour.com
Bring up Word document and begin to type until B.O.B. comes on Pandora
Get out of chair and bust a move
Pee again (damn coffee)
Go outside and talk to Dad
Pour myself another cup of coffee and grab a snack
Stalk ex boyfriends on Facebook
Pee

There you have it, folks. The way to conjure up your creative genius.

4 comments:

  1. I think you may need to see a doctor. That's a lot of pee breaks.

    And ooh ooh are you stalking me!? I love being stalked. It's my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is pretty much a mirror image of my process as well. I don't get very far.

    I was going to apologize for contributing to your distractions sometimes but then I remembered that the fb chat process can be productive sometimes, as evidenced by earlier posts.

    but yeah, "california girls" and "winner" will be the death of me and I will be to busy dancing to write. But B.O.B gets mad props for singing "we go together like the tub and the showerhead above." why, I don't know. But he gets props. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete