Pages

Friday, June 18, 2010

Sometimes Facebook Chat Yields Insightful Thoughts

Today, I was speaking with one of my good friends regarding man problems. In her particular situation, the object of her affection is thousands (yes, thousands) of miles away. She went back and forth wondering if she was wrong to harbor affection for a man who doesn't live on the same continent.

Now, I am not one to give man advice, but I sympathized with her situation. Life is way too short. Missed opportunities are all around us. Isn't it better to have tried then to sit around and wonder "what if?" Sure, putting yourself out there can yield disappointment (and I hate being disappointed) but isn't it better than sitting alone on a Friday night drinking copious glasses of wine and sniffling over a chick flick because you couldn't get up the nerve to text your crush "hello?"

Therefore, I say go for it, girl. Live it up. Love with everything you have. Practicality has no place in love.

At the end of our conversation, Miss Em answered her own predicament with these words...

"I'm learning that you can't control life, so you might as well dream a little bit." Amen sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment