Pages

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Automobiles: A Woman's POV

Today, I was on Glamour.com (go there!) and perusing their lifestyle blog, Smitten.

One of the posts I found particularly interesting was this one: When it Comes to Guys and Cars, What Drives You Wild?: glamour.com.

I definitely note what kind of vehicle a guy is driving. I'm not going to base a whole relationship around what brand is on your keys, but I'm always curious. As an automotive enthusiast, it's in my nature. Furthermore, if you can fix what you drive...well, I'm beyond sold. Below are my picks (and glamour.com users) for sexiest vehicles:

-Audi (or German-made cars, in general): Now, if you know me, this was a given. I can't help it. I have a huge passion for Audi, and if a guy shares that, well, that's awesome. I always scan the driver's seat when I pass an Audi. Then, I subconsciously day dream about said driver. I can see it now: the two of us waxing our cars in the driveway in preparation for that car show we are entering together. Our Christmas card picture where we pose, clad in four-ring gear, in front of our S5 and Q7 (respectfully). The rec room in our basement (which we have converted to Le Mans-viewing headquarters) decorated with Audi racing flags and memorabilia. The Audi Club of America magazines in the rack in our bathroom or the Audi Driving Experience in Switzerland that we are saving up or the four-ring onesie we buy for our kid. I'm getting slightly carried away here. Moving on...

-Glamour.com users ranked Jeep as the 'sexiest' brand. Most ladies seemed to agree that guys in Jeeps are outdoorsy and to quote the article , "[Men who drive Jeeps] Know how to pitch a tent...and then some." Maybe there is something to be said about the "it's a Jeep thing" slogan. However, I withdraw the previous statement if you drive a Jeep Liberty. Sorry, not sexy but fine if you're carting your kids to and from little league.

-Classic/Muscle cars were also cited in the comments. Specifically, Camaros and Mustangs. I can totally get behind that. Nothing better than cruising in a classic Camaro and who can resist those big block engines? In addition, vintage Mustangs will always be cool. However, I'm not impressed if you drive a 2000-ish 'stang. You know why? Because everyone and their grandma drives one, including the really sloppy guy in line at the McDonald's drive thru. When I saw him drop a pickle out of his Big Mac onto the dashboard, well, that killed it for me.

Pick up trucks, sports cars, and foreign cars rounded out the online list. You know what wasn't on the list? A Toyota Prius. I'm sorry. I don't care if it's "fuel efficient." You look like a dumbass driving one.

I've ranted a raved enough. Now, I want to know... What make or model revs your engine? (Bad pun but I had to take it).

2 comments:

  1. bahaha love it! You know, I didn't even know there WAS such a thing as an audi magazine...until I was in your bathroom one day.
    I agree with the classic Camaro/non-this decade Mustangs. And I also like it when I see a guy in an old school Ford pickup. Not a new F150, those are whatever and actually turn me off, and not a big rust bucket, but like a well-maintained classic pickup. That shows he's manly (pickup! hauling things to build stuff!) but also caring (look how he's maintained it!)

    ReplyDelete