Pages

Friday, September 24, 2010

A New Direction?

There is a saying..."When the going gets tough, the tough get going." Where do they go? If I could finish that sentence it would be "far away." Lately, that seems to be my fix for life's problems.

When things don't work out the way I planned, I fantasize about disappearing. Yes, essentially "running away from my problems." I know, that isn't healthy, but I don't have anything stopping me. I could just go.

I don't have any kids or a house or a man. I could get up tomorrow and move across the country. Sure, my family and friends are here, but they'll love me no matter what my address. Every time I try to put down roots, try to get settled, something comes along and ruins my plans.

Each set back makes me yearn for my suitcase and an unlimited bank account to buy a plane, train, boat ticket to God-knows-where. I feel like everyone else has taken a chance on life. I feel like I'm standing still. My life needs a jolt. I crave a scene change.

Perhaps this sapling needs a transplant...

2 comments:

  1. I felt like this too.
    And then I did go away. For a little bit.

    I found that I did miss everyone a lot, but they did still love me, and still loved me when I came back. I actually came back with a better sense of who I was in my life, a better appreciation for my lot in life and even for America itself.

    If you go away I will miss you terribly, but will still love you.
    ps. if you must move, please move somewhere warm and/or european.

    ReplyDelete