Pages

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Kids Say the Darndest Things

I had the most entertaining conversation at my place of employment this afternoon. My boss and his wife have an adorable-6-year-old-firecracker of a daughter. She generally comes in after she gets off the school bus and brings lots of crumbs and smiles to my office.

Today, I was getting ready to leave. She attached herself to my leg and wouldn't let go. I explained that I had to get going home. The rest of the conversation is as follows:

ME: K, I have to get home soon. My mom is expecting me.
K: Mom? You're a mom?
ME: No, no I'm not a mom.
K: But you're at work.

I had to smile because K thought that I must be a mom or 'grownup' since I was working. Her innocent expression absolutely melted my heart.

Also, it made me realize that I must make monies and move out of parents house because, as K sort of pointed out, 'grownups' don't live with their mommies.

1 comment: