Pages

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Random Things That Make Me Happy: Part 2

Time for the second installment of RTTMMH. In this post's addition, I address this random thing that makes me happy: daydreaming about my future.

I've noticed recently (and I've been doing it for ages) I spend a lot of time inside my own head. My mind plays a continuous loop of thoughts. This loop of thoughts contains life moments like me picking out complicated Swedish furniture at Ikea for my first apartment, me jumping up and down after signing a huge client, or me kissing an attractive stranger under a starry sky.

I read somewhere that a way to achieve success is to picture yourself doing said thing you want to become successful at. In that case, I should be kicking back in new digs and rolling around in a giant pit of money while a handsome stranger waits to slip a sparkling Harry Winston diamond on my finger.

I would like to point out that none of this has happened....yet. Still, I can't help but smile when thinking about all the things I have yet to experience. I'm young. Technically, the above scenario could happen. Is there a one in a billion chance? Well, probably. However, I get off on daydreaming, so don't burst my bubble.

Pessimists would tell me I'm certifiably insane and that I should spend more time with my feet on the ground and less time with my head in the clouds. Yes, but I don't know if you've spent much time around here on Earth. It's kind of depressing, you know, with the recession and rising gas prices and corrupt government and everything. Life is much better in Allison land where everyone rides unicorns bathes in champagne waterfalls and meets men with good taste in jewelry.

Oh there I go daydreaming again! But wasn't that fun? I rest my case for part deux of RTTMMH.



1 comment:

  1. I'm pretty sure that part of Allison land overlaps with Emily land, since I also like to roll in money, pick out swedish furniture (I LOVE IKEA!) and kiss diamond-bestowing strangers.

    I've only actually done the ikea thing.
    But I am hella pumped to get my own place.
    I may or may not have already started looking at apartments.

    ReplyDelete