Pages

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Power Tools

I need a hobby.

I aspire to be crafty. Specifically, I have been in the mood to redecorate lately - my office, my room, or whatever space is available. One of my projects is to hang a variety of different sized frames on one wall in my room. Frames in various colors and textures.

In order to hang said frame, I would need a level. Mostly because I am insanely anal and like things to be straight and perfectly spaced out. However, I have issues. I can't even draw a straight line with a ruler (thank God that architecture thing didn't work out -my clients would have uneven floors and ceilings).

Therefore, to get the job done, I need this...


Yes, ladies and gentleman....a laser level!

This puppy suctions to the wall and gives you a perfect line every time. Plus, it does things like locate metal studs in a wall and live wires. Handy, because getting electrocuted could really put a damper on your home improvement project.

I could be a picture hanging bad ass with this thing! My mind is spinning with all the possibilities!

Interestingly enough, this is not the first "power tool" I have wanted to purchase. Tech Ed in 7th and 8th grade gave me a hankering for a nail gun. I literally asked for one for 2 Christmases.

This is the conversation that generally followed...
Dad: Allison, what the hell are you gonna do with a nail gun?
Me: Uh, build stuff...duh.

Logical, I thought. Obviously I was going to be the next Amy Wynn Pastor from Trading Spaces with my nail gun. And ok, maybe in the past I had some DIY disasters. For instance, I found a 1930s metal bed frame in an antique store and had plans to spray paint it to match my room. Dad set me up with all the necessary equipment. Not 5 minutes into the project, I almost spray painted my eye. Needless to say, Dad finished the painting.

I believe everyone deserves a DIY pardon.

Therefore, Santa, if you're reading this, please put a Black and Decker laser level on my Christmas list. I have been a very good girl this year. Please and thank you!
Love,
Allison







No comments:

Post a Comment