Pages

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Where in the World is My Prince?

I attended a beautiful wedding this evening, and all the love vibes have me wondering...where in the world is my prince?

Now, I am not going to sit here and bitch and moan about the fact that I am unattached because:

a) That's effing annoying.
b) I'm not one of those girls who needs a man in her life to feel justified or whatever.

However, as I lay in bed tonight, I just can't help but wonder...

...will I be alone forever?

That seems overdramatic but I feel it's a valid question. I just want to know if I should start buying cats and stop shaving my legs now. If the universe could somehow let me know that I won't be wearing adult diapers and playing bingo in the home by myself...well, that'd be reassuring.

At the end of the day, aren't we all looking for that missing piece? The puzzle piece (aka man or woman) who fits perfectly into that void in our hearts. I feel like something is missing from my life, and isn't it human nature to want to feel whole?

Please don't cry for me Argentina. I am a strong, independent, sassy woman, but I'd sleep better at night knowing that my life won't consist of eating Ramen on a TV tray and watching reruns of Jeopardy alone every night.

While I wait for a sign from above...you can enjoy the following video that pretty much sums up this post and makes me laugh.

*The video sucks...but just listen to the lyrics.


2 comments:

  1. No, you won't be, and neither will I, because if nothing works out in the next year or two we're going to london, where we'll have lots of game and the boys are oh so willing to call and go for a (quote) "proper coffee"

    And I've lived this life so I'm not just spouting off. It is fo reals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No you won't because you're awesome :) Too young to be worried about that now dearie...You will be ok i feel it!

    ReplyDelete