Pages

Monday, August 23, 2010

Ode to Fall

Summer you were really cool (actually, really hot) but I am ready for you to peace out and make room for fall. I am trying hard to pretend it's fall by doing things like turning the AC in my room down to 62 degrees, wearing cardigans in 90 degree weather, and sipping hot beverages. Summer has its advantages, including, frozen margaritas with umbrellas, porch parties, and sundresses.

However, I crave flannel and campfires and overpriced pumpkin spice lattes from Starbucks. I want to step outside my door and not drip sweat (lovely mental picture, I know). I'd enjoy not constantly having mosquito bites all over my feet.

Plus, I'm excited for fall shopping. I'm lusting after cognac colored boots and midnight washed denim and a jewel toned pea coat (or trench coat or bomber jacket...). I dream of trading in my pink gloss for matte red lipstick and my pastel eyeshadows for a swipe of black liner.

I want to drink apple cider and tea. I want to wear sweatshirts and my favorite worn in jeans. I want to add another blanket (or 5) to my bed and snuggle up without perspiring.

Summer you have overstayed your welcome. Please make room for fall and don't try and pull any of that Indian summer shit.

Love,
Allison


No comments:

Post a Comment