Pages

Monday, February 7, 2011

I Got A Bad Case Of The (Winter) Blues

I have a bad case of the winter blues (winter blahs?).

The weather outside is beyond frightful. It's dark and cold. And slipping on ice and falling repeatedly on your ass just makes a bad situation worse (and a lot more painful). All I want to do is sleep through January until April. I think my body is going into hibernation.

I can't concentrate. I'm blue (literally and figuratively...forget gloves in 10 degree weather and see what color your hands turn). I'm just not a happy camper. I especially dislike this because I am usually a pretty damn powerful ray of sunshine, which could be due to my sunny demeanor or the excessive amount of caffeine I drink in one day. In any case, it is not like me to feel out of it.

If anyone has any cures for the winter blues/blahs, please share. If I were in Philly, I would go to Max Brenner (look it up) and drown my sorrows in copious mugs of thick, rich hot cocoa and gorge myself on bon bons (seriously, they have them there).

However, I am not in Philly and a cup of Swiss Miss and a handful of Hershey Kisses just isn't cutting it for me. The moral of this story...send sunny weather...and Godiva...lots of Godiva.

No comments:

Post a Comment