Pages

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Love is?

In my twenty odd years on this planet, I’ve learned many things.

Like how to properly apply liquid eyeliner, craft a stellar press release, and cook a perfectly browned grilled cheese sandwich. I’ve also learned a lot about love. After all, love and relationships are the inspiration behind hit boy band songs, the reason why Tiffany, Hallmark, and Godvia make millions, and when you reach a certain age, the question on everyone’s lips at Thanksgiving dinner.

In my humble opinion, love is...
-Leaning in for a bear hug even if I'm sniffly and contagious.
-Knowing exactly how I like my coffee...and leaving a cup on my nightstand in the morning.
-Being on my team but having the balls to tell me when I'm doing stupid shit.
-Letting me listen (and sing loud and obnoxiously) to Taylor Swift, Britney Spears and/or 98 Degrees on road trips.
-Spending (and enjoying) time with my family.
-Helping me over puddles, so as not to get my favorite flats wet and dirty.
-Continuing to crawl into bed and fall asleep with me even when I a) snore like a buzz-saw b) wear zit cream on my face c) steal all the covers and possibly kick you, hard (sorry) in my sleep
-Not complaining when you find out that I started leaving a box of tampons under your bathroom sink.
-Sharing the last bite of cheesecake.
-Agreeing to be the one to hold the cat when we clean his ears, so he bites your hand and not mine.
-An impromptu bouquet of wildflowers on the kitchen table you picked from the front yard (or neighbors yard).

...To be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment